LCAP Parent Surveys
Twin Rivers wants your input!
Click each of the links below to complete two parent surveys so you can share how you feel about how the district supports our students!
Twin Rivers News
Noralto Mission Statement
Within a safe and orderly learning environment, Noralto School strives to enable its students to reach their highest potential while promoting good citizenship, social responsibility and an appreciation of cultural diversity.
Attendance = Success!
Excusing Absences is
Easier Than Ever!
Send a note
with your child
then dial "2"
Remember to include:
Your Child's Name, Teacher, The Day(s) of the Absence(s), The Reason for the Absence(s), and Your Name
All absences must be reported to us within 5 school days of returning to school. After that, the absence will be unexcused and cannot be changed. Thank you!
Check Out "Our Parents" Section!
Have you checked out our "For Parents" section?
We have great information on:
- Our Parent Education Hour
- Our ELAC and School Site Council
- Resources and websites for kids
- and so much more!
Click HERE to visit "Our Parents" section now!
Twin Rivers Unified School District Nondiscrimination Statement
Twin Rivers Unified School District programs, activities, and practices shall be free from unlawful discrimination, harassment, intimidation, and bullying based on actual or perceived race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group identification, age, religion, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or gender expression; or on the basis of a person’s association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
If you believe you have been subjected to discrimination, harassment, intimidation, or bullying, you should immediately contact the school site principal and/or Director of the Student Services (CCR Title 5 and Title IX Officer), Rudy Puente, at 916-566-1620 or firstname.lastname@example.org. A copy of TRUSD uniform complaint or TRUSD non-discrimination policy are available upon request.
If you believe you have been subjected to discrimination, harassment, intimidation, or bullying, you should immediately contact the school site principal and/or Superintendant of Human Resources/Labor Relations (CCR Title 5 and Title IX Officer), Gina Carreon at 916-566-1600 ext. 50379 or email@example.com. A copy of TRUSD uniform complaint or TRUSD non-discrimination policy are available upon request.
¿Quiere ver nuestra página en español?
Si prefiere ver nuestro sitio en español , ¡simplemente haga click AQUÍ!
THINGS TO REMEMBER ABOUT NORALTO!
ALL SCHOOL DOORS WILL BE CLOSED AND
THERE WILL BE NO SUPERVISION BEFORE 8:00am
8:00am - 4:00pm
CAFETERIA OPEN FOR BREAKFAST
8:00am - 8:40am
NO STUDENTS ARE ALLOWED
ON THE PLAYGROUND UNTIL 8:25AM
SCHOOL START TIME
SCHOOL END TIME
(1:27pm EVERY WEDNESDAY)
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday - School starts at 8:45AM and ends at 3:27PM
- Every Wednesday - School starts at 8:45AM and ends at 1:27PM
- Our parking is very limited! If possible, we encourage you to walk to school with your child. Exercise before school helps children be more alert and ready to learn. If you live too far to walk from home, we encourage our parents to use the parking lot at the T&Y Shopping Center located across the street on Norwood Ave. We have a crossing guard helping everyday before and after school to make sure you are safe. Avoid the traffic!
- Remember, Noralto School is a uniform school. Every student is expected to be in full school uniform EVERY DAY! To view our uniform policy and to see what clothing is permitted, click HERE!
School Breakfast / Lunch
- Remember, the cafeteria does not open for breakfast until 8:00AM. All school doors will be locked and there will be NO SUPERVISION before 8:00am.
- Federal law prohibits sharing of any cafeteria food. You may purchase additional school breakfast and lunches for yourself or for siblings in the cafeteria.
- Lunch prices have changed. To view the new price list, and for other Nutrition Services Department information, click HERE!
Tips For A Great Day at School
- Leave Early - Give yourself plenty of time to get to school, have your child eat breakfast, and find where you need to go. YOU DON'T WANT TO BE LATE!
- Lining Up - No students are allowed on the playground until there 8:25AM, when there is teacher supervision on the playground. Your child will line up on the playground in the line with their room number. Our first bell rings at 8:40AM and school officially starts at 8:45AM. BE EARLY...BUT NOT TOO EARLY!
- After School - School ends at 3:27PM (1:27PM EVERY WEDNESDAY). For the safety of our children, our gates remained closed during the school day. Please wait outside the gates until the bell rings at the end of the school day. Remember that Kindergarten students MUST be picked up and signed out from their classroom. 1st and 2nd graders are dismissed from their rooms. We encourage you to pick a place where you want your child to wait for you to be picked up. We do not recommend using the office as a designated meeting location after school. KNOW YOUR MEETING SPOT AFTER SCHOOL!
Noralto School received the 2016 California Gold Ribbon School Award!
Noralto School is now a Gold Ribbon School! Way to go, Noralto! Through hard work and dedication of our teachers, staff, and strong partnerships with our supportive parents, we are able to receive this great honor. We are extremely proud to have our school and staff recognized for their commitment, dedication, and relentless pursuit of educational excellence.
The California Department of Education (CDE) has selected Noralto for demonstrating exemplary achievements in implementing state standards in priority areas. This is the first year elementary schools will be recognized as a Gold Ribbon School. For more information about this award, please visit the California Department of Education website by clicking HERE!
"Gratitude turns what we have into enough...and more. It turns denial into acceptance,chaos into order, confusion into clarity; it makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow."
Noralto School wishes to thank the following organizations for their commitment to our students:
The Dominguez Dream
On behalf of all of our students and families, we wish to thank The Dominguez Dream for their financial support.
Because of the Domingues Dream, Noralto School is able to ensure every student has the opportunity to be successful.
If you would like more information about The Dominguez Dream and the incredible programs they support, click HERE!
Twin Rivers Mission Statement, Vision, and Core Beliefs
To inspire each student to extraordinary achievement every day
An unwavering focus on powerful and engaging learning experiences that prepare students for college, career and life success
Printable PDF of the Mission and Vision Statement
- All students will graduate college, career and civic-minded ready.
- All students will have a safe, clean and secure environment that is free of bullying and that creates opportunities for learning.
- Student engagement is critical to student success.
- Partnerships with all stakeholders are vital to student success.
- TRUSD will be fiscally sound and maximize resources for student success.
- TRUSD will honor diversity and create equity across the district.
- TRUSD will identify, recruit, retain and develop the best employees.
Home Repair Resources
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Sacramento is dedicated to helping families in our community through a wide range of services, including building homes, repairing homes, and preserving homes.
Habitat for Humanity's Neighborhood Revitalization Program works with existing homeowners who have difficulty maintaining their homes. Services include home repairs, weatherization, and exterior beautification, such as exterior painting, fence replacement/repair, landscaping, minor exterior repairs, and more.
For more information, click here.
To view the application for this program, including a checklist of required documents, click here.